Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
We’ve all played the game before. You know; the one where you discuss the improbable fate of being hooked up to an electric chair, and revealing what you last meal would be.
Fried chicken? Pizza? Macaroni and cheese? What comfort food would you turn to?
Myself? I’ve already made a list of the top 5 foods I’d request. (Don’t worry, I haven’t committed a heinous crime.)
1. A Croque Monsieur; a simple yet magical mix of ham, cheese and toasted bread. Served with a green salad.
2. A Club Sandwich; applewood smooked bacon and tender chunks of chicken breast layered between tangy mayo. (With fries, of course.)
3. A Smoked Meat on Rye; with just enough yellow mustard and a kosher pickle on the side.
4. A Miami Sandwich; my own creation (and an award-winning one to boot!) – I’d likely ask if I could make it myself.
5. A Fish Banh Mi; Vietnamese grilled catfish infused with turmeric and slow cooked with dill and green onion.
Notice a trend? YES, I love a good sandwich. In fact, I can say with confidence that the humble sandwich is my favourite kind of food in the entire world. And certainly, a worthy last meal if I was leaving said world. Bread, bread, bread. Carbs, carbs, carbs. Comfort, comfort, comfort.
So is it any real surprise that one of my favourite brands evah is Dempsters?
Every loaf of Dempster’s bread is made with 100% Canadian wheat and baked fresh daily – making it the perfect base for a delicious, satisfying sandwich. And, did you know that 1 slice of Dempsters WholeGrains bread contains this? ->>
(I know. I didn’t think Dempsters WholeGrains could get better either, until I saw the breakdown. And now I’m on cloud 9; because I know that the taste and texture that I love is also pretty awesome for me, too.)
When you visit Naturally Dempsters you’ll have access to a wealth of delicious recipes – including step-by-step video instructions from Dempster’s resident celebrity culinary genius Chef Bob Villeneuve. How about a 12 Grain Spinach-Strawberry and Goat Cheese Sandwich? Or an Asparagus Benedict?
Me – I’m partial to a Spinach and Leek Chicken Salad Sandwich. Yum!