What happens when your kids have complete control of your vacation itinerary?
Oh, you just have the most amazing trip, ever.
For our recent trip to #kidifornia, the boys had a “wish list” – in quotes, because if you have children, you’ll know that any wish list is actually translated to a “must do, won’t accept no for an answer, has to happen” kind of demand. Of course, when Universal Studios Hollywood is at the top of that list, we’re happy to oblige.
From rides and attractions to shopping and entertainment, Universal Studios Hollywood is a mecca of fun. Here’s five things kids LOVE about Universal Studios Hollywood.
1. The Rides. Of course they love the rides! From Despicable Me Minion Mayhem (crazy, hilarious, exhilarating fun) to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (there are no words!), Universal Studios offers world-class rides and attractions that your family won’t soon forget. My boys particularly raved about Transformers: The Ride-3D, The Simpsons Ride and – shudder – Revenge of the Mummy. (Nine-year olds will be nine-year olds, I suppose.)
Most of the rides offer an immersive 3D or 4D experience, blurring the line between fiction and reality. Ride height requirements vary between 39 and 48″ tall, meaning that Universal Studios Hollywood is best enjoyed by children post-kindergarten age.
2. Front of the Line. Make the most of your day at Universal Studios Hollywood with a Front of the Line ticket. (With kids? A MUST DO.) Of course my boys loved skipping the lines! A Front Of Line Ticket, available at an extra cost (fee varies depending on date selected), provides you with one-time priority access at each attraction and priority seating at each show, in addition to all day admission to the Park. And trust me, kids who aren’t waiting for hours to ride an attraction are happy kids.
3. Character Sightings. Kids – of all ages! – love meeting characters in the park. The best part? Since Universal Studios Hollywood generously rotates characters throughout the day, the lineups are very manageable and you’ll never have to wait long. My boys had a chance to meet so many of their favourites, including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron from Transformers, the Minions and even a Raptor!
4. Behind the Scenes. The pièce de resistance at Universal Studios Hollywood is the World Famous Studio Tour. In this hour-long tour, you’ll visit 13 city blocks and get behind the scenes on four acres of historic studio lot – built with creative consultation from Steven Spielberg himself. Jimmy Fallon hosts via video feed and there are many surprises along the way which will have your kids saying “wow!”
Don’t be tempted to watch spoilers online; trust me, this is one thing you want to experience without a sneak peek. You never know who or what you’ll run into… including a knife-wielding psycho. Yikes!
5. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Attention Potterheads of all ages! Visit Ollivanders, Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, where you can see a wand choose a wizard and purchase your own Ollivanders wand. Then, explore the mysteries of Hogwarts castle and get ready to soar above the castle grounds as you join Harry Potter and his friends on an unforgettably thrilling adventure on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. On a scale of 1 to 10, kids rate this attraction an 11!
(P.S. Don’t forget the Butterbeer!)
Of course, the very best part about Universal Studios Hollywood is that can be conquered in a day, making it the perfect kid-friendly activity and a must-do in Southern California.
Ready to be part of the movie? Visit Universal Studios Hollywood to plan your visit. Here, you’ll find information on hotels and packages, park tips, early park admission and more. And…. action!
This post is sponsored by Visit California. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.