We’re all friends here, right? Right.
So, I can be honest. The very first time I laid eyes on a Schick Intuition Razor, I thought it was the silliest thing I had ever seen. Incredibly bulky and decidedly unsexy, I thought to myself, “Who uses these things?”
Fast forward to my honeymoon. In a hurry to get to the airport, I mistakenly tossed a can of shaving gel in with my carry-on luggage. Of course, with the no liquids/gels rule, it was unceremoniously thrown out by the security agent. As I looked in dismay at my brand new bottle being cast aside, the agent said – “You should have bought one of those razors with the soap thingies around it so you don’t have to pack an extra can of shaving stuff.”
Of course, that’s when I realized that the Intuition razor really did have a place in society: for travel! Imagine, never having to pack a separate shaving gel!
So, for our very next trip, I ran out and bought a Schick Intuition razor. And, after I used it for the first time, I was hooked. So hooked, I realized that I wanted the feeling of oh-so-smooth legs all the time, and I never wanted to see another can of shaving gel on my bathtub ledge again. Hence, my love affair with the Intuition razor began.
Introducing the NEW Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment razor.
“Coconut milk and almond oil have long been lauded for their skin-benefiting qualities. Now, you can enjoy the power of these ingredients with the new Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment razor. Made for dry skin, the Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment razor lathers, shaves and moisturizes during shaving—all in one easy step, with no need for shave gel, soap or body wash. Infused with coconut milk and almond oil, the Pure Nourishment Skin Conditioning Solid leaves dry skin feeling noticeably soft, and its four blades and pivoting head follow your contours for a close shave. The new Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment razor and refills will be available starting in February 2013 at grocery, drug and mass retail outlets across Canada for approximately $11.99.”
Oh GOD, yes please! I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this product. I have the worst alligator skin known to mankind: rough, dry and scaly skin that needs constant attention, especially in winter. Most of my go-to products are enriched with almond oil, so this was a welcome addition.
Now in terms of a review, whatever I say is just going to come off as gushy-gooey because I freaking love this razor. So here’s the Coles Notes version:
1. Shaving with the Intuition Pure Nourishment razor literally feels like you’re running a bar of soap all over your legs. Seriously. You do not feel the razor at all; with a few swipes, you’re left with smooth, gloriously supple skin.
2. No more rusted can of shaving cream in the corner of your bathtub. The Intuition stores away easily with an enclosed wall-mount that you can affix to your shower wall.
3. The pivoting head bends and bobs to hug every inch of your skin. It’s never been easier to get a super-close shave without sacrificing comfort.
1. The Skin Conditioning Solid will continue to wear down as long as the razor is wet, so be sure to cap it and hang the razor as soon as you’re finished shaving. The wall-mount is there for a reason; be sure to use it!
2. The razor does an exceptionally good job of pivoting around curves, but because you don’t actually feel the razor against your skin – just a smooth, gliding motion – it’s hard to know if you’ve managed to cover every inch of skin. (Especially if you’re like me and wear glasses – ergo, you shower blind.)
1. Just one thing. I loathe that I waited so long to try Intuition razors! Bad Lena! The razor will forever change your shaving ritual. You’ll spend less time shaving, your skin will feel incredibly smooth, and you’ll always have the perfect travel companion. It’s sheer genius, I tell you.
Now you knew this was coming… want to try the razor for yourself? The first 50 readers who sign up for my Rate & Review program will be offered the opportunity to test the Intuition Pure Nourishment razor. If you are selected, you’ll also have the chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card when you send in your feedback. So what are you waiting for?
**EDIT… Thank You! You gals are quick – it only took 1 minute, 12 seconds for all the razors to be claimed! Stay tuned to see what readers think about the new Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment razor.**