Friends, this weekend will go down in history as two of the busiest shopping days of the year. Yes, it’s the weekend before the weekend before Christmas! Also known as the time that panic sets in; you’ve got loved ones to shop for, and precious time is running out.
Okay, so I’m not going to try to alleviate your fears, because the truth is, y’all need to get it together. If there was ever a time to be a Power Shopping Pro, it’s NOW!
Shopping in person? Bring patience and *try* to remember the joyousness of the season as you stand in store lineups and navigate an overfull parking lot. And if you’re shopping online (my preferred option), be snappy: there are only a handful of days left to receive your items in time for Christmas.
Of course, I wouldn’t be a shopping guru unless I shared some of my best tips! This season, I’ve partnered with airmilesshops.ca to provide you with suggestions to make this year’s holiday shopping easy, fun and full of savings!
1. Mimic the man in red by making a list and checking it twice: Be sure to take into account stocking stuffers, hostess gifts and even wrapping paper. A good tip is to buy a few generic gifts (candles are always great!) just in case you receive a few unexpected gifts from acquaintances and neighbours and want to reciprocate the gesture.
2. Avoid the last-minute crowds by shopping online: Keep stress and overspending at bay by skipping the mall and shopping from the comforts of your own home. airmilesshops.ca is a one stop shopping destination with amazing retailers from Apple to Old Navy!
3. Work, family and neighbourhood holiday parties can take-up a lot of time, so make the most of a free hour by “power shopping” online: As all moms know, alone time is rare and precious which is why power shopping is so important! Take advantage of nap time, TV time or your lunch break to buy all of your gifts online at airmilesshops.ca.
4. If you just can’t avoid the last minute gift rush: Check items off your online list first and then head to the mall for any items left on your list. Beat the crowds by arriving right when the mall opens or closes and study the mall’s layout to ensure your shopping is as efficient as possible. Holiday bills can add-up fast so be sure to take advantage of special bonus offers: Using a shopping portal to make purchases, such as airmilesshops.ca, allows you to take advantage of special merchant offers while increasing your rewards points exponentially. For the most rewarding shopping experience, use both your AIR MILES Collector card and your affiliated credit card to complete a purchase and earn even more miles.
5. Don’t forget to rack up the rewards: While we are often asked if we collect AIR MILES reward miles when we shop in-store, we don’t receive that same cue when shopping online. Hence, make sure you set airmilesshops.ca as your home page RIGHT NOW. It will be your reminder to collect all those fabulous reward miles when you make your purchases this weekend and beyond! (more…)